Monday, April 23, 2012

Hair on Fire! Hair on Fire!

OK, my hair isn't actually on fire, but it feels about that way these days.  No big deal - it's the end of the semester for me, plus it's the end of the undergraduate journey for FryDaddy, plus I'm coming off two and a half big work projects, plus one huge writing project deadline is beginning to loom menacingly, plus, plus, plus.

It's at these times that it becomes very helpful to remember to breathe.

No kidding.

And to also realize that, as much as I want to be Super-Duper-Girl, my cape gets caught in phone booth doors when I try that gig.  You have to say no, even when you do it with regret.  I've had to bow out of several things I'd really have enjoying doing/going to/etc. but it's for the Greater Good.  I simply am no good to myself or anyone around me when I get so caught up in the whirl that I can only see the whirl.

So, while I'm going to try mightily to keep to my "post on the Nest once a week" schedule, it might turn out like this post - which is considerably outside those parameters - for a few weeks.

You'll forgive me, I'm sure.  In fact, I am willing to bet you've had your own "hair on fire" days or weeks.

Those of you in North Carolina, please don't forget to vote on May 8 - in fact, beat the rush!  Early voting has already begun.  If you're uncertain on the "Amendment One" issue, here's a link to a very thoughtful site put together by a friend of mine.  I have to admit, he's done a nice job of actually presenting both sides of the issue, something my own biases would have prevented me from doing.  Therefore, I will say nothing else - check out the site.

More later - I smell smoke.

No comments: