Sunday, March 28, 2010

The New Normal

Nothing like a life-changing event to, well, change your life. Let's see . . . since last posting, FryDaddy is home and (mostly) okay, although we both have days in which the fears come a-callin'. But we're adjusting.

Work is both a saving grace and a massive annoyance. It's good to have something to focus on (not to mention something that I at least have the illusion of controlling), but my temper is seldom level. I swear, I managed to misplace a parking pass walking from Point A to Point B last week and it's clear that my attitude toward students is a bit - frayed, shall we say. And the work that has piled up! Sheesh. But again, it's getting better.

There's much to be grateful for in all of this. The two dogs are getting along fine and Haint is adjusting to crate-training without too much rending of garments and gnashing of teeth. Spring is definitely on its way, complete with sudden thunderstorms, but dogs (and clothes!) dry and it's good for what will one day be my vegetable garden. People have been overwhelmingly kind and helpful and all truly is well. Everything important, anyway.

It's just a shame it takes something like this to make me see it. Then again, I really do seem to be determined to learn the hard way, sometimes.

Sigh. But it still counts as learning.

No comments: