Friday, October 9, 2009

Things I've Learned

Okay, I still have a few days of vacation, but I've learned enough to warrant a post today instead of waiting.

First and foremost - do not take work on vacation! I know, I know, most of you are far smarter than Mockingbird and already knew this nugget of information. I thought I'd done pretty well by only working for an hour or two each day, but that time adds up and I woke up this morning with my mind whirling.

Sigh. Completely unable to appreciate the sand and the warm October ocean. I should be ashamed.

Second, but closely related - vacation means "vacating." As in vacating from everyday cares and woes. Have the cream sauce. Go see a matinee of a first-run movie and make buttered popcorn your lunch. Browse the used bookstore (by the way, I tore through some brain candy while I was away. It's useful to clear your head of theory and Grown-Up Things from time to time). Remember that the scorching smell just might be your psychic brake pads warning of imminent disaster and that play serves a serious purpose.

So before FryDaddy and I leave here, I'm going for a last walk on the beach. The work will still be here when I get back and, while I may not know much, I know better than to grade angry. (Okay, so I'm not actually "angry," but you get the idea. Right? Right.)

Italic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked this blog its very nice!

Surat